Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hmmmmm.... What to do with an old pillowcase?

I have a number of wonderful printed vintage pillowcases waiting for something....

and I finally have some ideas!  

I am gathering them on this post so that I can remember them all, and also to share.  The ideas are not mine, so please note the origin, but I love all of them, and they are certainly worth sharing.  Enjoy!!!

Market Tote Pillowcase Tutorial here
Market Tote Sewn From a Pillowcase

I love this pillowcase laundry bag from here:
laundryDone.jpg

or how about a ten minute pillowcase apron, from Betz White: (I had a set of twin size sheets just like this print that I slept upon as a child, I wonder if my mom still has those????)

A pillowcase skirt for your precious little girl? Find the tutorial here.
child's skirt sewn from a vintage pillowcase
Or a toddler dress? Find the tutorial here.
And while we are outfitting our toddlers, this could be done for girls and boys, depending upon the prints, tutorial here.


And who wouldn't want want of these super simple tote bags:
find the complete tutorial here.
Enough ideas to get your creative juices flowing?  I know mine certainly are... happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment